October 22, 2009

Hey, Hey... what's going on?

I know, i know... long time no update... Thulf, what's going on? NO, i did not have any accident like someone wrote in the comments. I'm fine. I just have been really busy trying to catch up with my legion members level wise, working odd hours and in addition, like i hinted earlier, I started to write for a print gaming magazine and used some of my creative time to work on my articles. Always wanted to do the major update i need to do for the blog "en bloc", but alas.. so much to do, so little time. ;)

I'm still playing Aion more or less daily and overall am enjoying it. Some things are really great, some are very cumbersome. At the moment i continuously hit a wall where i run out of quests and have to grind approx. half a level until i can take more quests. Since many of the repeatable quests are just not worth the time invested. It feels to me they screwed up the minimum level for quests around 35, some of the quests i can take give so little reward in XP and the mobs are way to easy for me, its more effective to grind higher level mobs then to do those quests.
About some things like more or less non-existent "office hours support" or hot topics like the gold seller spam I'll write another day. I also wrote Ayase with a few questions about it several weeks ago, but never got an answer back. Basicly from what i saw so far community management is run similar to the support at NCsoft, understaffed. Mythic/GOA had a much better relationship with blogs as well.

My main char Thulf (Templar) is level 35 meanwhile, which enables me to use my Kromede's Sword i got during one of the last Fire Temple groups i joined. I am very close to become a cooking expert and my armorsmithing is around lvl 33 items. My gathering skills both are up-to-date with the areas I'm adventuring in. Sheesh, its hard to work to keep the gathering & crafting up. And it costs a shitload of kinah. My advice: Don't start to work on your crafting early if you only want to supply yourself with gear its better you take alchemy or cooking for consumables and buy weapons/armor from the broker. They are expensive yes, but it will cost you more to level crafting and craft your own stuff in the long run.

Question of the Day: Why can't you read the official news at the Aion website during server downtime? It works for US...

7 comments:

WeRT said...

How many run you make for Kromede sword ? Im already did 23 and not even one gold item drop from her :(

Scarybooster said...

I'm waiting to hear about the Abyss end game play. I've heard a lot about questing holes and horrible grinds. I am waiting fir the mass population to get to 50 to see if it holds up better than WAR.

Mojeaux said...

Glad to see you back.

Panther said...

I am at 199 armorsmithing and 160 weaponsmithing, I know the pain as well. Seriously, they need to do something about everything in the game costing so much Kinah. It just makes the gold sellers all that more attractive to lazy people who work long hours and just want to come home to have a good time.

After all they spent a lot of time and effort to earn their real cash and it is their way to spend it as they like, who are we to argue, even if "ethically" we think it is wrong to buy gold from these sellers? To them buying kinah from such sellers is as legit a method as any; their cash was earned through hard work too, the real life kind.

Grinding is starting to be a pain but I guess taking it slowly and not allowing yourself to get distracted by how far you are away from the next level helps. Also going for instances (FT) and probably not always PvP-ing against the other race, lol.

Slurms said...

Hey there Thulf, was just thinking the other day, "man, hope he's still playin Aion" hehe

The Templar is looking great (kindof making me wish I rolled one hehe)

Thulf said...

I think i did around 35 runs maybe to get my sword, but i know others that went into FT a lot more. And ofc usually you have to roll against at least one more group member since at this level those weapons are really good.

Gyal said...

I love it.